Basin Electric Power Cooperative
UtilitiesTrade Association/Non-ProfitEnergy Services
Basin Electric is a consumer-owned, regional cooperative that generates and transmits electricity to 141 member rural electric systems and 3 million consumers in CO, IA, MN, MT, NE, NM, ND, SD and WY.
- A not-for-profit generation and transmission cooperative incorporated in 1961 to provide supplemental power to a consort
- Diverse energy portfolio: coal, gas, oil, distributed, and renewable energy, including wind power
- Consumer owned by 141 member cooperative systems
- Serves 3 million electric consumers
- Members' service territories comprise 550,000 square miles in nine states